Sarah Churman, 29, was born deaf. Until recently, she had never heard the sound of her own voice. But thanks to a hearing implant, Churman was able to experience a miracle.
Churman underwent surgery for a hearing implant called The Esteem Implant by Envoy Medical. Though she’d been wearing hearing aids since the age of 2, she says they “only help so much.” She had her husband record the activation of the implant.
She says on her YouTube channel that she's worn hearing aids since she was two years old and has gotten by on reading lips. Churman goes on to explain the background behind her clear speech:
"My whole life I've been complimented on how well I speak. I don't really have an answer for you other than I have always had a passion for reading, grammar, and English. My hearing loss was/is considered severe to profound. I've worked very hard to be able to interact and blend in...Only thing I can say is 'God is good.'"
Churman underwent surgery for a hearing implant called The Esteem Implant by Envoy Medical. Though she’d been wearing hearing aids since the age of 2, she says they “only help so much.” She had her husband record the activation of the implant.
"My whole life I've been complimented on how well I speak. I don't really have an answer for you other than I have always had a passion for reading, grammar, and English. My hearing loss was/is considered severe to profound. I've worked very hard to be able to interact and blend in...Only thing I can say is 'God is good.'"
- A Man Found Two Bear Cubs Beside Their Dead Mother...
- Science of the Heart
- Take Two ‘Normal’ People, Add Money To Just One Of...
- 10 Civilizations You’ve Never Heard Of
- Autistic boy,12, with higher IQ than Einstein deve...
- 5 Shockingly Advanced Ancient Buildings That Shoul...
- Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Sc...
- Germany Smashes Solar Power World Record
- 5 Reasons Why Uruguay’s President Is Cooler Than Y...
- Nothing is solid: This is the world of Quantum Phy...
- It Looks Like A Crazy Guy Just Walking Around In T...
- This glass sphere might revolutionize solar power ...
- More Proof That News is Controlled by a Central Sc...
- When you peel an orange, don't throw away the whit...
- The Science of Kindness
- Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be ...
- The Effect Music Has On The Brain
- 11 Tiny Houses That Will Make You Want To Live A S...
- Scientists Have Discovered A Way To Use Sound Wave...
- 30 abandoned places that look truly beautiful
- 25 Unbelievable Places that are Hard to Believe Re...
- This Will Mindfuck You: The Double-Slit Experiment...
- How Long to Nap for the Best Brain Benefits
- Someone Attached a GoPro to an Eagle and the Foota...
- The Benefits of Sleeping Naked
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gand...
- 50 Animal Pictures You Need To See Before You Die
- The Greatest Speech Ever Made
- The Teacher and Little Teddy Stoddard
- If you love hitting your snooze button you will wa...
- THIS WILL CRACK YOU, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE
- Apparently We've Been Eating Apples All Wrong
- These 20 Photos Will Make You Look At Least Twice....
- Creative Photos: 50+ Ultimate Creative Photos For ...
- Alternative Sleep Cycles: 7-10 Hours Are Not Neede...
- Sensory Deprivation Chamber: Would You Get Into On...
- Are you an Indigo? | 12 Traits of Indigo Children
- The Effect Music Has On The Brain
- Indian Man Single Handedly Plants a 1,360-acre For...
- This is what happens when you try to make a point ...
- Woman Goes Underwater in Wheelchair (Incredible St...
- 13 Pictures of Crazy Goats on Cliffs
- 16 Reasons To Have Daily Sex
- Why Are American Health Care Costs So High?
- 20 Most Shocking Photographs That Will Leave You S...
- First World Problems Anthem
- He Was Found Freezing And Dying.
- Homeless dog living in a trash pile gets rescued, ...
- Meet India’s Gulabi Gang – Female Activists for Ch...
- Let us always meet each other with smile, for the ...
- Evaporating Water in -30C. Must See!
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gand...
- ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL VIDEOS YOU WILL EVER SEE
- After I saw this, I put down my phone and didn't p...
- The Power of Words
- The best short movie has ever made: El Empleo / Th...
- Best coin ever spent.
- Strangers Become Friends in Just Minutes. You Won'...
- You are the Universe
- This Made My Jaw Drop – Absolutely Insane
- Because Who is Perfect?
- What This Couple Built In Their Snowy Backyard Mad...
- 29 years old and hearing myself for the 1st time!
- Pick A Crystal!
- Do You Think That Affluenza Is Real?
No comments:
Post a Comment